DOS AND DON'TS IN MALDIVES
Every country and people being different, here's how to bring a smile to the locals faces by putting your best foot forward. Find out what you should or should not do in Maldives.
- Dressing skimpily in the resorts are fine, unless otherwise stated. You can hang around in your bikini and board shorts your entire stay, however, some resorts do have dress codes for eating places.
- Dress conservatively when you're out of your resort. Tops should cover your shoulders and knees should be covered. Applies to both males and females.
- Drink as much alcohol as you want on resort islands.
- Have as much pork as you want on resort islands.
- Conduct personal religious practices in the comfort of your rooms.
- Dressing skimpily when you're outside your resort might offend the locals. Tops should cover your shoulders and knees should be covered. Applies to both males and females.
- Going nude or topless is prohibited even on resort islands.
- Public displays of affection might offend the locals.
- Consumption of alcohol off resort islands is against the law.
- Consumption of pork off resort islands is against the law.
- Bringing alcohol off resort islands is prohibited.
- Bringing pork off resort islands is prohibited.
- Conducting religious practices or preaching is against Maldivian law.
- Don't wear religious symbols or icons openly. If wearing a religious icon around your neck, tuck it beneath your t shirt so it's not visible.
Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on our adventures and travel tips!